Saturday, August 29, 2015

All Knit Everything...

It's no secret that we are embarking on my FAVORITE time: September to December.  The best four months of the entire calendar year!!!!  Hey, I like to be cold.  Messengers have lived in New England since 1637, so I think the cold Northeast air is in my bones.

There is almost nothing I love more than sweater weather.  And speaking of sweaters, I was perusing the October issue of Country Living Magazine which showed up in my mailbox yesterday, and they featured a red, knit inspired teapot from Yedi Housewares.   And that got me thinking about all the things I have loved over the years that are knit or cable knit inspired.

Their Red collection is entitled "Sweater" and I adore all of it:  It turns out it also comes in Blue, White, and Taupe so there is something for everyone's color taste.

Yedi Housewares Sweater Collection

And then, after I looked up the red teapot, I found all of this!  I wish that cake plate especially would find its way into one of my cupboards.  (Cake Platter, $49.99)   This collection is entitled "Matte Sweater" and it's a bit daintier and is featured in Baby Blue or Eggshell White.

Yedi Housewares Matte Sweater Collection



http://yedihouseware.com/products/footed-cake-platter-28cm-2


On my lengthy cold weather to do list is to make a few sweater throw pillow covers.  I love the idea of putting out sweater pillows for fall to winter, because they are sort of generically winter themed and won't need to be put away at Christmas.  Plus they would be comfortable: Micah is not a fan of some of my twill decorative pillow covers because he likes to use a soft pillow.  I plan to mine our thrift shop and maybe Goodwill for some fun finds to accomplish this.  But in the meantime, here is some inspiration for you.  Winter is coming!  Get your home ready.

I think this woman's tutorial for sewing sweater pillows is excellent, plus her tip for lining the pillows with another fabric so they hold their shape and don't look all wonky and squooshed seems genius.  I could have seen myself making that same mistake initially if I hadn't read her post.  Cami blogs at Tidbits, and I found her tutorial via Pinterest (of course).  Follow the link to her website in the caption! 

Repurposed Sweater Pillow Tutorial, Tidbits blog


This votive pair from Partylite has always been a favorite of mine, but for some reason, I just never got around to buying it.  Probably because my home is already overflowing with candle stuff and I have to get rid of some before I can get more.  But I just got the newsletter in my email from my candle lady Julie, and noticed that this pair is in their Clearance Outlet (marked down from $30 original price to $8.10, which is an insane steal!  The link to buy this from my candle lady Julie is under the photo.   If you are interested, hurry, because these will disappear soon.

Partylite Cable Knit Pair


I found these coasters on Pinterest, and it took me awhile to find the original maker, but I did it.  Her name is Alyssa Ettinger, and unfortunately her shop is closed for now, but she still maintains a website with a link to her knitware line!  It's gorgeous: I hope she starts making it again in the near future.  

Alyssa Ettinger Design
Alyssa Ettinger Design

 
This spread in Country Living caught my eye a long time ago.  I can't remember what issue it was featured in (maybe their winter white issue in 2014) but they still feature this on the website.  So, I tracked down the artist who creates this line, and it is Danielle Spector of Reshape Studio...


http://www.countryliving.com/shopping/g1253/white-knitted-home-decorations/?slide=3


Now technically, these look woven, but Country Living included them as part of their knit home décor article, so I am going to say they count!  I love this idea for storing wood next to the fireplace, or for kindling/newspaper next to the fireplace.  I am toying with the idea of crocheting some large baskets like this for that exact purpose.  Apparently these were originally sold as part of the Robert Ogden for Lostine line, but they are no longer for sale on their website that I can find.

http://www.countryliving.com/shopping/g1253/white-knitted-home-decorations/?slide=5

Last, but certainly not least, why not cozy up your fall decorations by trying your hand at this awesome Finger Knit Wreath (follow the link to get the pattern) or this fabulous idea to repurpose old sweaters into home décor pumpkins. 

Old Fashioned Living Finger Knit Wreath Pattern

Homeward Found Decor Sweet Sweater Pumpkin Tutorial
 
I think these pumpkins are so cute.  They are the product of a woman named Deb at Homeward Found Décor, so follow the link in the caption above for her instructions / tutorial.  It's a great tutorial with many pictures.  I may give it a try myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment