Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A Morrocan Inspired Red Living Room Vision Board, for Jennifer

Hello,

I have been itching to do something creative today but I am tired and although I have a million projects in various non-finished states, I decided to do something easy.

My sister Jennifer is inheriting some lovely brick red furniture (a sofa and loveseat) when she eventually moves down South this spring, and she and Joel are going to be house-hunting.  It had me thinking about Jennifer's style.

Now, while Jennifer is a traditionalist, the thing I love about her is that she is VERY far from boring.  She's not a neutral girl, if you know what I mean.  While she would not take as many design risks as I might, and in general, she is attracted to traditional or transitional furniture with a modern spin, she isn't afraid of color.

Jennifer also has a thing for Moroccan inspired prints just like I do (hello, quatrefoil for everyone.  Quatrefoil kicks chevrons behind any day of the week.)  And she also has a thing for Pier 1, so at first I browsed Pier 1 for some throw pillow inspiration.   And this is what I came up with for an inspiration room.

I used some items she already owns (some red, gold and brown mercury glass style tall candleholders, those Marrakech brown metal lanterns in small and large from Partylite, and the type of couch she will be inheriting, a Capiz shell wall clock.)  And then I inserted my own spin.   Those chocolate colored poufs seemed perfect for the children to lounge on, and I hope she would agree, that while this is sophisticated, it could also be family friendly.  That coffee table is from La Z boy, and the top lifts up and toward you to become a tv tray.   Busier patterns and darker colored couches are ideal for a little Micah Kevin and his tendency to spill.  I know, because I live with him.  I thought that rug (also entitled Marrakech) from Target was perfect to hide dog hair and stains while still remaining fun and colorful but mature.   This is definitely an adult space with room for the kids and the pets to snuggle in.

I hope you all enjoy, and Jennifer I hope you like it. 

Source List:  Media Console, Endtables and Coffee Table:  La Z Boy
Poufs, Slipper Chairs, Quatrefoil Mirror Set, Turquoise Throw Blanket, Storage Shelf with Baskets, Rug and Lamps all from Target.
Throw Pillows, Gold Quatrefoil Hurricanes, Capiz Shell Clock, Birches Painting, Tree with Bird Quad Painting, Capiz shell Vase, and Mosaic Red Tall Long Artwork, and Antique Red Bookcase all from Pier 1
Chocolate Brown Trellis Curtains: Christmas Tree Shops
Mosaic Hurricane and Marrakech Brown Lanterns: Partylite

No comments:

Post a Comment